Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chasing

BOWSTRING

Sat last Friday had a doe with fawns coming in and thought I was finnally going to whack a doe. NOT. A probably 2 1/2yr buck that I saw earlier popped out and the chase was on and she was gone. She came back a few minutes later with no shot a few minutes behind her was a different littler buck. Then right at the end of shooting light I heard some loud rustling in the beans and caught a deer running thru the beans. I only saw the one deer but I assumed there was another chaser or chasey.
Thought it was I little early.

sam stuff for me here in south central iowa. saturday morning I was behind the camera but we seen between 12-15 diff bucks all in the timber. most were immature. 3 of them were 305 yr olds about 125 inches. one of them was lip curling on the tail end of a group of does. lots of chasing my immature bucks right now. wont be long. this wknd should be rockin

I saw a young 4 pointer chasing a does last night (Tuesday 10/20), it won't be long. I can't wait to see another timber ghost.

Saw the same thing last Sunday. Had a 2.5 yr old dink chase a doe down the ridge I was on. A couple minutes later here they come again but with another young buck bringing up the rear. The two bucks stop about 70 yards out from me and start to fight. I'm watching all of this with my binos, when all of a sudden, big freak nasty walks out of the bottoms all stiff legged and ears pinned back. He's a big 150" 8 point. He stood about 20 yards away from the two teenagers and just watched them go at it. After about 5 minutes, he just turned around and walked back the way he came. That's the first mature buck I've seen on his feet so far this season. It won't be long!

Top Bottom