Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cheap heat for your Archery shop or home

You're correct about the cost of heating being much cheaper than gas. I don't care how much math a person does, it is still cheaper. I was using $7 to $9 a day to heat my house w/ nat gas. Now it costs me $1.50 to $3.00 a day. And my electricity bill was less than $2.00 more than normal, my stove ran 22 days of the month of billing.
A covered wagon would be the ideal for storage in your barn. I have been to many farm sales & have seen very good wagons go for less than $100.

I looked at my last gas bill. In 29 billing days I was charged $43.84 for 39 therms.

$10.00 service charge
$09.26 delivery charge
$02.64 Pipeline Transport charge
$21.08 Gas supply charge
$00.86 Local option tax

$43.84 divided by 39 is $1.12 per therm. While the gas all by itself might be cheaper - the almighty gas company charges me, every month, for all this other stuff too.

My father-in-law has one in their new home. Amazing how much heat that puts out with the little amount of corn in it.

[ QUOTE ]
corn needs to go to about $4 to be the same price as Natural Gas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get ready...
grin.gif

Limb,

I know it. I just bought some for 3.12 this morning. But I guess I would rather give the same money to a local farmer than to some oil tykoon in the mid east or even an american oil tykoon. I hope more acres go to corn next year to drive that price back down around $2.

I bought my first load of corn for 2.12 in Sept and thought it was high then. Now I wish I would have bought all my corn for the winter in Sept?? Live and learn I guess.

Last week the Des Moines had a story on a new ethanol plant that is going up in IA and it actually uses the entire corn plant; stalks, leaves; everything. This should help keep prices lower for us corn burners and the cattle feeders. I am with you; I would rather help the farmers than the damn gas companies.

BTW, I am responsible for high corn prices. It stayed the same for 30 years until I bought my corn burner and has doubled in price in two months. Farmers, please mail your appreciation checks to:
Don Miller
P.O. Box 159
Boone,IA 50036
Thank you!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
You will never see $2 corn again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not
crazy.gif
I sold corn 30 years ago for $2...I dare anyone to name a product that has stayed the same price for 30 years
frown.gif

Corn is already being forward contracted for $3.20 for next spring.
smile.gif

I know one person that has had a corn furnace for someting like 15 years now and he loves it!

I think we all would rather keep our money and support here at home then in the Middle East
smirk.gif

Just a note on the corn supply...when all the ethanol plants are finished and in full production...Iowa may actually have to import corn!
cool.gif

You will not be dissapointed. I bought a magnumn countryside and I love it. Last winter I heated the entire house with mine for $350. and the heat was almost always 72 which was 12 degrees more than I kept it with lp. If you get board with this forum you can check out iburncorn.com the has a lot of information. The question to the high corn I believe for the btu value corn would have to be about $6.75 per/bu to equal lp at $1.55 or that is what I have been told. I will admit it is a little more work but still a great trade off. I bought 200 bu for the year and store mine in a gravity wagon in the shop, I also bought a corn cleaner for this year and can't believe how many fines, cobs, and other misc. You won't be dissapointed have fun doing your fine tuning mine was a little bit of a learning curve at first but once I got the hang of it can't complain.

Top Bottom