Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cheap place to stay around Indianola?

Hi
I'm going bowhunting in the Indianola area toward the end of the month. I'm looking for a cheap place to stay for about 5 nights "this is an econo hunt, I promised my wife!" If I can't find one I'll be staying either in my vehicle or tent, is there a place in the area to take a shower if anything?

Yes I'm a NR
No I don't have a gov's tag and no I'm not going with an outfitter, just hunting on my own by myself and a long ways from home.
Thanks!

Oh one more thing, any of you guys had luck useing a decoy the end of the month there? Thinking of getting one for the hunt, just not sure if I'll have room in my car for one!
smirk.gif

Have you tried contacting the motels in the Indianola area?

Truck Stops usually have showers available for a fee.

Good Luck.
smile.gif

Ahquabi is a good spot for cheap. Call and check though, they may turn water off sometime in October.
(515) 961-7101

If you decide to go the motel route, the cheapest I know of are:

Woods Motel
906 S Jefferson Way (right off 65/69)
(515) 961-5311
Rate is $40/night 7 days a week and includes tax.

Super 8
1701 N Jefferson Way
(515) 961-0058
Ask for hunter's discount. $55.88/night weekdays. $60.88 weekends. Regular price is $5 higher than those. Prices don't include tax.

Thanks for your help, I'll look into those for sure! All I'd found before was that super 8, but that camp ground might just be the ticket!

Thanks for the help!

I was taking a taxidermy course in the area and camped in a campground south of town. Nice place and cheap to. I drove the back roads in the evenings and found some really cool fishing spots too.

[ QUOTE ]
I was taking a taxidermy course in the area and camped in a campground south of town. Nice place and cheap to. I drove the back roads in the evenings and found some really cool fishing spots too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to hijack the post but was it Huttons where you took the course Skully?

Yup, I was his first student I think. Roger was still working on the accommodations at his place so I just camped. It was nice just exploring the area and seeing some of the covered bridges and other scenery in the area.

I took his full fall course and thats why I was wondering. Very neat scenery down there. Not to mention the hundreds of deer and turkeys EVERYWHERE.

Thanks for looking into that for me! Looks like I'll bite the bullet and stay at a hotel, at least a couple nights to shower!
What decoys do you guys prefer, that one by Delta looks like a good one.

Again thanks a bunch for the help!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What decoys do you guys prefer, that one by Delta looks like a good one.</div></div>

I have the delta decoy and it works well (although it is the only one I've used). As far as too early - it brought in a total of 5 bucks in 2 outings during youth season with my daughter...very cool for her to have that experience in her first year of hunting (she ended up with a doe).

Top Bottom