Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chest waders

meyeri

PMA Member
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a pair of chest waders for the up coming hunting season. I only need them to cross a river to get to some secluded hunting ground, so I wouldn't use them a whole lot. I was thinking about going with neoprene because it would be much lighter for packing with my gear. I don't want to break the bank either, but I want something that will last a fairly long time. Does anybody have any advice/suggestions?

I've had good luck with Scheels or Cabelas brand. I think Scheels switched brands though. Another thing to think about is if you get an insulated pair they will keep you warm while sitting in a tree. When I hunt a certain stand I pack the waders in with a base layer only on, put the waders on to cross a creek and wear them as my bottoms in the stand.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about wearing the waders once in the stand, but I wasn't too sure how well they would hold up to rips when walking through the timber. I'll check some out this week!

Check out Woody's World in Marengo. They actually buy semi loads of items from Gander Mountain that have been returned. Much of it is has never been worn or used. I know they have a huge selection of waders on hand.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about wearing the waders once in the stand, but I wasn't too sure how well they would hold up to rips when walking through the timber. I'll check some out this week!

I see your from CR? Do you ever make it north or are there any Amish communities near you. I have found some great deals on waders and boots at Amish country stores.

Top Bottom