Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

ChippewaWedgeLoc

NWBuck

PMA Member
I'm in the market for a couple of new treestands and ran across this site from a vendor at the Deer Classic a couple of years ago.

http://ChippewaWedgeLoc.com

Looks like the ultimate fixed position stand, but wondered if anyone has one and knows whether it's worth the extra $$. Thanks.

NWBuck

I went as far as getting the video. They look like one heck of a stand.....the price is what scared me off. I can buy a Remington UltraMag Ladder stand for less than $150.....and as gracefull as I am I better stick with it.

These are great stands..... I have used an original Wedgeloc for 6 years. Extremely solid, quiet, and a breeze to hang using the chain harness. I place several harnesses in different locations and move the stand around... I am going to get the lighter model 'Qwest' for this fall. If you are interested I will likely sell my original wedgeloc when I get the new one. Highly recommend this stand...
waytogo.gif

I own 3--no complaints,would rather sit in one of these than any of my others.Very solid.

I have the Brute model, and a friend has a WedgeLoc. They're excellent stands, would definitely recommend them. We also have others, but the Chippewas are the best--well designed for ease in putting up and adjustability, well made and strong. If I could only keep one of all of the brands I have, the Chippewa would be the one without doubt, no competition. Not that I have a strong opinion on the matter or anything.

My partners and I all use them. I've used the Wedge-Loc (15 lbs/400 lb. wgt. limit) for 5 years now and the Chief (9 1/2 lbs/220 lb. wgt limit) for the past 3. These are the best stands I've ever used...solid, quiet, and simple to hang.
Definitely worth the $$$ if you do a lot of hunting.

I love these stands!!! I just got my new one yesterday.... Chippewa Qwest... just ounces over 9 lbs.... also own the original wedgeloc model at 15 lbs... wanted a lighter model for longer hiking, etc... toying with the idea of selling the first one, but can a guy really have too many good stands
cool.gif

I looked pretty hard at these stands this spring. I had them send me the video and all their sales materials. They have a great concept and I liked what was presented but I found the Lone Wolf Alpha stand to be the ticket. The Lone Wolf stand is lightwieght with an all aluminum platform. Also, the quick attach straps can be purchased through the Redhead catalong for $9.99 a strap. The Lone Wolf I purchased on special for $149.00 plus $10.00 shipping. I believe you can purchase this stand through Redhead or Cabelas for $159 plus shipping. If I remember correctly the Chippewa's started around $189 and the extra straps were a little more pricey than the Lone Wolf. You probably can't go wrong with either.

Top Bottom