Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CLANTON CREEK Public Hunting Area Questions!

JUNIOR

I was recently looking to see if i could find some more ground to hunt for my families group for 2nd season shotgun that was close to our farm and I found
CLANTON CREEK RECREATION WILDLIFE AREA (Public Hunting)in Madison County and it says it has just about 1200 acres and most of it is timber. I guess i am asking if anyone else hunts this place and has had any luck? Would it be worth going over to or would it be overwhelmed with other hunters??? Any information for this place would be great! Thanks :D

Well I cant speak for that area, but as for any public area during shotgun hunting, be ready. Not all shotgun hunters on public land are this way but in my area it seems that way. When you get 15+ hunter walking throught the woods shooting every thing that moves and you are in a stand this is a problem. Hope this is not the case but be ready for it.

I was in the area bowhunting other properties and swung by there a couple of years ago. Looks like excellent cover, but also appears as though there is a lot of "non hunting" activity going on in the area, such as hiking, picnics, etc. Good luck :way:

NWBuck

Was gonna say, probably pretty typical public ground and will get hammered on the weekend of 1st season and then again both weekends during 2nd season. During the week might be ok, but after 1st season the deer will be pretty spooky, assuming they come back!

Top Bottom