Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cleaning Mounts

Buzz

What's the best way to clean a mount that's accumulated some dust? I've heard different things from "only use a feather duster" to "use a light spray of Windex and cloth".

Joe Meder told me the best way is to spray some Windex on a cloth and wipe it gently with the lay of the hair. For the eyes you can dab or spray a Q tip with Windex and shine them up. And as far as the horns go he says apply Liquid Gold to a rag and wipe them down. Haven't tried it yet but apparently it preserves the luster and color in them.

That's directly from the best there is so take it for what it's worth.

That also reminds me, I gotta couple that could use a little dusting....

I can't imagine you even look at that ratty old 201 incher Seth, let alone clean it off. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Actually it's 202 1/8 Muddy. And yah, I don't even bat an eye at it anymore. Just another mount to clean, know what I mean?

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't even bat an eye at it anymore. Just another mount to clean, know what I mean?

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

I'm picking up what you're throwing down... damn dust collectors anyway right?

411Resize.JPG

Top Bottom