Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Climber Safety Question

Khughes2345

PMA Member
Alright guys, i have always preferred hunting out of hang on stands and ladder stands, and i always wear a safety harness. I decided that it was time for a climber, with hunting new properties and putting a stand anywhere you want basically, without buying multiple stands. Plus i got a good deal on it. Anyway, i was just wondering what you guys do on the way up the tree to stay connected? wear a linesmans rope, connect when you get to your desired height, or what? I made sure i had the bottom connected with a rope when i went out sunday, then i stapped the top part with the tree strap once i got to about 15-16 feet. just wondering how you guys go about it?

thanks for the replies.

I run a strap around the tree when I'm at the bottom with a little bit of slack. Then I attach my harness to it and simply inch it up the tree every time I move the top section of the climber up. It kind of sounds like a pain in the butt but it really isn't, and this way if the stand should happen to give out at anytime you are always connected.

I run a strap around the tree when I'm at the bottom with a little bit of slack. Then I attach my harness to it and simply inch it up the tree every time I move the top section of the climber up. It kind of sounds like a pain in the butt but it really isn't, and this way if the stand should happen to give out at anytime you are always connected.
X2. Samething here.

I attach my HSS to the tree at the bottom as high as I can set it. Then I climb til the top part is even with it and repeat. Like said, it sounds like a pain, but isn't bad at all. One other thing to keep in mind is the bark on certain trees. River Birch trees absolutely suck to climb in. That was the only tree possible to climb out of in one of my spots and my stand kept slipping the entire time going up. Even after I was settled in it would slip. Something to keep in mind.

yeah i pretty much knew there was some trees that arn't meant for climbers, like a white birch tree or others with no grip to em.

Top Bottom