Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Climbing Sticks

bushman

I'm looking at buying a bunch of climbing sticks and was looking for some recomendations. I'm going to be setting these on a piece of ground that i regularly hunt. I'm going to be using my LW Alpha but will carry that in with me every morning. What i want to do is have 3-4 different sets with the hook and sticks in place. This way i can go to the "right" set for the day, climb up, hang my stand and be ready to go. I know everyone swears buy the LW sticks but i don't want to leave them strapped to the trees all season. What are your opinions on some reasonably priced sticks. I was thinking about the Gorilla sticks, anyone have expereince or opinions? Thanks for the help guys.

I have used the Rivers Edge sticks and they work pretty well and they are priced right. If you are going to leave them there I would suggest these. Most places sell them and last year Scheels had a special on them and the 20' sticks were $35 on sale. I think they go for $50-$60 normally. I chain them to the tree so the don't get ripped off.

20' Rapid Sticks

What about getting yourself some decent chain on stands (lockable) and hanging them up at your sets? Then use some LW sticks to access them. Pretty nice way to go and theft resistant.

Public or private I hate leaving sticks up. Leaving a padlocked stand 15 - 20' up and no access to them is pretty fair deterent from the run of the mill stand steal'n maggot.

Off my box now.... I think the Gorilla sticks would serve well for your intentions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">keep an eye on menards/home depot ads as season nears. they run some good sales </div></div>

That's the tip of the day right there. I bought a set at Menards last year. Not sure what brand they were but I think they were only around $20 and they work great. I'm heading back this year to pick up about 3 or 4 more sets.

Top Bottom