Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Climbing treestand preferences...

muddy

Am looking at getting a climber for hunting the 17+ thousand acres of public land around the reservoir. My top choice right now is Lone Wolf followed closely by API & Ol Man climbers. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks much.

muddy, i tried a ol'man a couple of years ago and when i got it in a tree it slipped real bad, i think because it was to lite. scared the you know what out of me. i now own a hunters view climber from wally world and it is the best 100 dollars i ever spent. i fall asleep every time i go out.
smile.gif
and very quiet. good luck this season.

I own a summit bushmaster and really like it,it is very light at 16#'s and also very queit once you get it together.It grip's the tree well,the only thing it lack's is a back rest.I also owned an API shooting star and thought it was very comfortable but it was a little on the heavy side so I sold it and bought another summit.I never hunt in a climber without a safety harness,as you never know when one will slip!!

Have used a homemade for years and want something with comfort and safety.Bought a hunters View and had trouble getting it up the tree.The hose and cable keeped snareing the tree So,I got my money back.Tried a friends Summit-Viper.It's more money But it worked real good,felt very safe and is alot lighter.I'm saving up for one.GOOD LUCK

I have had and/or used O'l Man Vision, Grand Vision & Carbon version of Vision. They were pretty good stands but squeeked a little and sometimes slipped on smooth barked hard trees. After that I went with Lone Wolf Sit climb and like it quite well (although I got an Ol' Man net seat to replace the one on the Lone wolf as it worked better than what came on the lone wolf). Non typical just recently came out with a very nice climber that May be very good but I think it's more expensive than these.
rolleyes.gif

Jerry

Muddy:
I really like my API Grand Slam. I never feel unsafe and have yet to slip on a tree. This will be my fourth season in it. I haven't tried any others but a friend has a grand ole man that he swears by. Hope this helps, I'd be lost without my climber.

Muddy,

I really like my API. The only complaint I have is trying to find the hole in the chain when I set up in the dark. Good luck.

I have had great luck with the Lone Wolf it is easy to use and really quiet both when climbing, descending or when you are set up. I am really happy with mine.

Deano

I have been using an API Grand Slam Supreme for 5 or 6 years and have never felt unsafe. I really like the extra comfort it offer over some of the lesser stands I often find myself in. If you use the extra ratcheting strap they provide it makes a rock solid stationary stand as well.

Top Bottom