Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

climbing treestands

strutnrut

I am looking to buy a climber and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction???? I have looked a API's, Summit's and OL'Man's.. Any info would be greatly appricated...Thanks

I have an Ol Man Grand Vision and I love it!! Ive tried a few of the others but this one is the best for me.Its quiet comfy and best of all SAFE.Hope it helps narrow it down a bit.GOOD LUCK!!

Go with the Tree Lounge. You can stay in it all day and be comfortable. I know I do all the time. I also have an API Bow hunter but the Tree Lounge is the "Cadilac". You won't be sorry.

I just bought a Bear River Nomad Archer. It has a rubber belt instead of cable or metal bar. Not sure if the belt works better than a cable.

If you remember my post from a few weeks ago, I left the platform behind my truck and left it in a parking lot, had to buy a new platform. That was the day I bought it, killed a doe and left platform, somebody nabbed it.

I bought the Archer model, meaning it does not have the bar out front on the seat portion. However, I think the bar would make it easier to climb with and feel alittle more secure while sitting in it. One hunter I talked to said he leaves the seat and bar low (close to the platform) so it doesn't interfere with the bow when shooting.

Overall I don't think they are as convenient as I thought it would be. It's a pain carrying in and out, lot more sweat, i.e. more stink for the deer to smell. And I also feel obligated to use a ratchet strap on the platform as well as the seat, just to make sure it doesn't move on me. The seat is just a clothpad strapped to each side, I need to put a piece of plywood and foam pad on it.

I prefer my River's Edge Climbing Stick and BigFoot ultra lite stand. Gets me up 16 feet and almost just as fast. Probably the same amount of noise.

Well, let me tell you what not to get. I have an API Grandslam Supreme. I used to think it was great...until tonight. A nice eightpointer stood 20 yard from me broadside. I drew and released and my bottom cam hit the crossbar of the treestand, the bow jumped up out of my hand and fell to the ground, and I completely missed the buck. Meanwhile, while I sat there with my bow 15 feet below me, the buck took only a couple of steps and stood there wondering what the hell happened. I suggest getting a model made for archery, or at least one that offers a full range of motion. Suggestions anyone?

I have a tree lounge. I love it. The only draw back I have with it. Is its to comfortable for me. Sometimes I catch myself napping in it. Otherwise its a great stand. This is my second one. Someone else is hunting with the other one. If I ever catch him, he's not going to be happy.

I have 2 climber's one is a API shooting star and the other is a Summit bushmaster,I would say the Api is more comfort but for weight and ease of transport the summit is the stand I take almost alway's.It offer's a very open shooting area and once your in the tree it's solid as a rock.I plan on selling my shooting star and getting a Summit Cobra as soon as the season end's.The only thing that I would say about the bushmaster is that you almost need a cushion for the sitting platform on the back of the stand,it get's a little hard on the back after a couple of hour's.

Top Bottom