Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Close encounter with a cat

glasgowm

Had an interesting night on stand tonight. I was hunting from the ground with a soybean field in front of me and picked corn behind me. I heard a squirrel scolding something off to my right and wondered what it was. 10 minutes later I heard another squirrel closer scolding something. I wondered if there was a deer coming in. Then I didn't hear or see anything for a while until I could here something rustling in the beans on the other side of the bush I was hiding behind. I figured it was a squirrel or racoon or something. I moved my head a bit to the left and a bobcat walked by in the first row of the field, 4 feet away. He walked a few feet further and stopped. I thought for a second about shooting it but season isn't in for a while. (not to mention that my 50 cal ML would put a big hole in it and at 7 feet it would probably singe all the hair off of one side. I remembered that my new cell phone has a camera (that I can't use very well) so I slowly got it out. I clumsily took a few pictures before the cat got currious enough about me to take a step closer. I decided I had enough fun and scared it off.

In the pictures it looks bigger than it is. In the first 2 shots it even looks a little like a young lion but that's just because it was so close. The pics would look better if I cropped them and blew them up a bit but this is how they came right off the phone.

Quite a night. Oh, and I didn't see a buck.

0928081834a.jpg

0928081835.jpg

0928081835a.jpg

Matthew

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its amazing how good cell camera pictures are. </div></div>

No kiddin'! Could've fooled me!!

Neat pics though...I've videoed a couple of them over the years and alway gets my heart pounding just to watch them slipping thru the brush. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Neat story and good pics. I think I have one where I hunt. I found a tree on top of the bluff completely torn up with claw marks. The tree looks like it has stair-stepped claw marks all the way to the top. Don't know what else it could be?

hoofline.gif

Awesome experience, thanks for sharing! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

Top Bottom