Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Close encounter

Fishbonker

Life Member
I had been sitting in my stand rattleing and grunting off and on all afternoon. Hadn't seen anything, except of course, the squirrles. I like to sit in my stand until the bitter dark end. I wasn't too cold yet so I waited a few more minutes. Then a shadow appeared and walked about thirty yards in front of my stand. He got to a clump of yellow grass so I had good contrast, good enough anyway to tell he was a buck with antlers outside his ears. I grunted and he stopped and looked in my direction. After a few minutes of looking and slow movement with the occasional grunt from me he had had enough and moved on tword my apple trees, or at least I thought thats where he was headed. A minute or so after I lost sight of him I heard tires squeeling on the highway. I listend for the thud and tinkling of broken headlights and grills. Then I saw a car backing up on the highway and I thought sure he was a goner. So I thought I'd climb down and go help the person who had just hit the buck. Got out to the highway, found the skid mark but no broken car parts or deer parts. Looks like he, and the motorist, got lucky. Hopefully I'll get to see him again next week.

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom