Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clover Seed Coating

Seth

Today I called Welters to order some Alice White Clover Seed and the lady said the only A.W.C.S they had was uncoated. Being in a rush at work I didn't really think about it too much and went ahead and ordered it. Can anybody help me out and fill me in on what this "coating" is and do I need to do anything extra to the seed when I plant it since it is "uncoated"???

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today I called Welters to order some Alice White Clover Seed and the lady said the only A.W.C.S they had was uncoated. Being in a rush at work I didn't really think about it too much and went ahead and ordered it. Can anybody help me out and fill me in on what this "coating" is and do I need to do anything extra to the seed when I plant it since it is "uncoated"???

Thanks. </div></div>

Apron is just a seed protector...nice but not a biggie one way or the other. I've planted Alice with and without...couldn't tell the difference.

Apron Seed Coating

Alice w/Apron

No worries...your seed will do fine! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Apron is a fungicide, where it will be most effective is planting into cool, damp soils. Most soybeans are planted with apron on them now days, because of the early planting of soybeans, the soil temperature will be low and "usually" damp.

Top Bottom