Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Clover/Weed Questions

2-bucks

PMA Member
I'm trying to decide if a clover plot is worth trying to save or if I should replant. Sorry, but I didn't think to take pictures so I'll try my best to describe the scenario. I planted a turnip and cover mix on 4 acres last August hoping to have decent clover this year. I do have some clover coming up, but it is sparse. Like patches every 4 feet or so with a lot of healthy grass in between. Is this worth spraying to kill the grass and the few broadleaves there hoping for the clover to spread and try to fill in? I'm much more set up for spraying than tilling so it will be much easier.

Also, would it be worth doing any overseeing this time of year?
If so, will spraying clethodim and 2,4 D B DMA (Arrow) hinder the germination?

I'm trying to decide if a clover plot is worth trying to save or if I should replant. Sorry, but I didn't think to take pictures so I'll try my best to describe the scenario. I planted a turnip and cover mix on 4 acres last August hoping to have decent clover this year. I do have some clover coming up, but it is sparse. Like patches every 4 feet or so with a lot of healthy grass in between. Is this worth spraying to kill the grass and the few broadleaves there hoping for the clover to spread and try to fill in? I'm much more set up for spraying than tilling so it will be much easier.

Also, would it be worth doing any overseeing this time of year?
If so, will spraying clethodim and 2,4 D B DMA (Arrow) hinder the germination?
Overseed some. Can’t hurt. Will help. It’s only a cost issue- so if it’s not a big area…. Spread as much as you can.
If it were mine…. I’d hit grasses with clethodim & crop oil anytime…. Say like now to 30 days from now. I’d probably clip it for broadleaf pressure in as it came up. 2-3 clippings a year- be fine.

Top Bottom