Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

C'mere deer 3 day harvest

C'mere deer products are just as fake as the bassfishin, whitetail-wanna be, that's peddling them.

Even if baiting were allowed in Iowa that crap wouldn't work on our deer

Fair enough...and what I meant by bummer isn't that Iowa doesn't allow baiting but that because they don't allow it there would be a lack of responses to my post about Opinions on the product

Last edited:
Sit over an acre of corn or beans in December with 5 degree weather and thats not bait?

I am not saying that I agree dumping a bag of whatever in front of your tree stand is "fair chase" but not too much diiferent than small food plot but I am willing to listen to why they are different :)

9609389-cartoon-popcorn-isolated-on-white-for-fastfood-design1.jpg

Sit over an acre of corn or beans in December with 5 degree weather and thats not bait?

I am not saying that I agree dumping a bag of whatever in front of your tree stand is "fair chase" but not too much diiferent than small food plot but I am willing to listen to why they are different :)

In my opinion there isn't a whole lot of difference. There's going to be 245 replies on why it is, and why the food plot is WAY better, but they are both doing the same principle, drawing deer to closer quarters in order to get a shot.

By the way, I hunt over standing beans, standing corn, and turnips late season.

In my opinion there isn't a whole lot of difference. There's going to be 245 replies on why it is, and why the food plot is WAY better, but they are both doing the same principle, drawing deer to closer quarters in order to get a shot.

By the way, I hunt over standing beans, standing corn, and turnips late season.

I shot my biggest deer sitting over a small batch of corn exactly how I explained above. I'm not picking sides but I just would like to hear where the big difference is?

We've left standing corn the past two years and in some great locations... never saw a shooter buck on it. It isn't the golden ticket it always appears to be. But it sure does up the odds, that is no doubt.

I've sat over small foodplots and never seen a deer...other times they come out in droves.

I've sat over a bear bait and had a bear come in within a couple of hours...other times multiple days on the same bait with no bears. Point is, while I don't wish baiting were legal, I really don't think it would be a heck of alot different than small food plots, and it also wouldn't be a slam dunk for a monster buck. JMO...

NWBuck

I Agree with Wapsi Guy when you have your ground locked down with no one else hunting it and you leave a few acres of corn or beans for late muzzle loader or bow or shotgun that is basically baiting in my opinion. Basically refering to everything you see on tv of southern Iowa seems like a joke watching 20 150 class deer come out that are trying to survive the winter and they get to pick there buck like shooting fish in a barrel.

On the other hand I also do not think a pale of oats or apples would draw in bucks from miles iam sure if one wandered by it would eat the food though unless you replentish the bait site daily or weekly then you may be able to pattern some bucks coming by. Its a tough argument I just dont think anyone should be able to bash baiting then go and hunt over a food plot and not think that has anything to do with it. Just my two cents

If a person were to bait on there own property via footplots or some other substance. I would have no issue with it it's there land and they can treat it how they see fit. I do however feel this may give somebody an unfair advantage on public land and should continue to be outlawed in such places.

I do not bait deer with c'mere deer like products cause I feel it's a violation of fair chase. I do frequently setup on places that come and go to food sources. It the same logic with kids if you put out candy they will go for it, everytime? No, but will it increase your odds "You Betchya"

Top Bottom