Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coker is gone

i believe that makes the 6th or 7th running back to leave or be kicked off the team in the last 18 months

Not a huge loss in my opinion. He'd make a nice fullback, but had no breakaway speed whatsoever. Watched too many defenders run him down in the open as if he were tied to a fence post :thrwrck:

Your point is solid though...you'd think maybe it's time to take a little closer look at the kind of kid you're recruiting.

NWBuck

From the outside looking in, Coker is a smart kid. His major was in astro-physics. I think he just made a dumb mistake, by the things I'm hearing. If it was him that even did it. The incident I've heard is that the Fri afternoon before the Minnesota game he assaulted a girl at his residence. No charges were ever filed. But at the time it supposedly happened, he should have been on the bus headed to play the Goofers. It was the University that suspened him, not coach Ferentz. If you want a whole lot more on the story go to www.Hawkeyenation.com . Its a little crazy over there with some of the kool-aid drinkers but there is a great deal of info on this subject.

Well this is how rumors get started but I heard he let another classmate cheat off of his test when he was done with it. That being said he is a very smart kid but mad a dumb mistake. But I'm not to worried about him now because that Greg gorman is supposed to be one hell of a running back and he has committed to Iowa and he's a 4 star back being recruited by a ton of schools and Iowa got him.

The final story would make since with a smart kid like him. Unfortunately Universitys are absolute zero tolerance for this kind of stuff and you will get the boot...and quick. Problem is, that will carry through his professional world, and over to whatever school he tries to attend next.....good luck goes out to him....even though I'm a cyclone fan :way:

Losing Coker is a big loss to the Iowa Football team. He was durable and could shed a tackle. Lots of people say he didn't have the top end speed, which I agree with, but in the Iowa system of ball control top end speed isn't always needed. Shonn Greene didn't have it. Coker was the 2nd leading rusher in the B1G and he also was able to pick up a lot of the blitz packages that the defense threw at them. He will be greatly missed. If he would have kept his nose clean you could mark him down as one of the top 5 backs to ever play at Iowa.

Scratch another player from the Iowa roster.

AJ. Derby just left today.

Not too big of a loss though.

Whats going on in Iowa City anyway?

Whats going on in Iowa City anyway?

People are finally realizing it's full of idiots. :D

On a sidenote, the Hawkeye Wrestlers don't seem to be having any trouble? Hmmm....whose to blame? Coaching staffs, or just differences in the atheletes in each sport?

This is just my opinion but Ferentz doesn't seem to have the emotion and winning desire he once had and I lost a lot of respect for him when he told the reporter to do a story on the gas he passed on the practice field at there bowl game that wasn't real professional in my book.

People are finally realizing it's full of idiots. :D

On a sidenote, the Hawkeye Wrestlers don't seem to be having any trouble? Hmmm....whose to blame? Coaching staffs, or just differences in the atheletes in each sport?

I have no idea how football practices are ran up there, but I think a lot of this crap happening is just lack of discipline of the players and from the coaches.. I've had several friends that I went to school with (Alex Grunder, Chad Beatty, and Ben Shirk) whom wrestled varsity for Iowa and to hear their horror stories of practices shows how well they are disciplined.. For instance, Chad once told me the coaches made them put a cup of water in their mouths, run several miles, and when they got done, they had to spit the water back in the cup.. if it wasn't full to the same level they drank, I think they had to do it again.. Gable once got so pissed after a loss that he dropped the wrestlers off on the interstate at the Tiffin exit and made em all run back.. its crazy the crap they gotta do.. but I guess it makes what they have worked for too precious to throw away on other crap

Top Bottom