Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold and food pattern

spltbrow

I was wandering if the deer our hitting the food sources like in late season muzzy due to the extreme cold. Or if they are still hunkered down due to shotgun season. I was thinking about driving down to my farm to hunt tomorrow night (2 hr drive) but not sure. That is ware my best food source is. Light pressure on shot gunners in my area.

I was wandering if the deer our hitting the food sources like in late season muzzy due to the extreme cold. Or if they are still hunkered down due to shotgun season. I was thinking about driving down to my farm to hunt tomorrow night (2 hr drive) but not sure. That is ware my best food source is. Light pressure on shot gunners in my area.

What season are you hunting? Everything is closed in Iowa?????:confused:

982-seasons.png

Yeah, today was the last day of 1st season shotgun, then the deer get a 2 day breather before getting chased again on Saturday.

Liv4Rut said:
What season are you hunting? Everything is closed in Iowa?????:confused:

Ha good call! I wasn't even thinking about the laps between gun seasons. I am hunting with land owner shotgun tag so I can hunt both seasons. I knew yesterday was the day, but had other obligations.

Thanks!

I have seen lots of deer driving around the past 3 nights, but ONLY one buck over 130. They are skittish to say the least with all of the shotgun hunters.

Top Bottom