Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cold Weather Archery Gloves

OHIOshedder

Looking for a good pair of gloves for late-season archery. Key features are not too bulky yet some warmth. I like the Under Armor gloves, but they have the grippers on palms (seems most gloves do) and I'd prefer a smooth grip to reduce bow torque. Any suggestions?

There r some under armor gloves without the grip I have ua ridge reaper gloves that have the grip and I dnt have any trouble with bow torque

I wear wool liners from army surplus the entire season. No torque issues at all. When it gets really cold, I will use a hand warmer that wraps around the waist. Great gloves for only a few bucks each.

I seen some nice ones by Sitka today at Scheels. They were essentially like the UA gloves but not. $25 for them. I think for late season bowhunting the best thing to do is buy the MT050 hand muff with windstopper. Throw in a couple heat packs and then wear the thinner gloves for shooting. That is what has worked best for me. I wish they would make a glove that is waterproof but very thing like the UA. There is nothing worse than wet hands when in the tree.

My hands get cold easy. I seem to have the best luck with glomitt's. When it gets really cold the hand warmer muff really makes a difference.

I seen some nice ones by Sitka today at Scheels. They were essentially like the UA gloves but not. $25 for them. I think for late season bowhunting the best thing to do is buy the MT050 hand muff with windstopper. Throw in a couple heat packs and then wear the thinner gloves for shooting. That is what has worked best for me. I wish they would make a glove that is waterproof but very thing like the UA. There is nothing worse than wet hands when in the tree.

X2
I bring two pairs of light gloves in case the first gets wet. I have been using the sitka shooter gloves the last 3 years or so. Perfect IF you have a hand warmer and HOT HANDS in it.

I wish they would make a glove that is waterproof

They do...I bought my son and I a pair of waterproof gloves at Cabela's in Owatonna. Can't recall the brand, but they are insulated too, so work pretty well down to about 20 degrees. Weren't cheap though...about $30.

NWBuck

Top Bottom