Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Colton's 8

6x6

PMA Member
My oldest son Colton arrowed a nice big 8. This buck was showing up on cameras all over the farm and was always picking a fight with somebody, whenever I would see him, while hunting. He was towards the top of our troublemaker list, we wanted to shoot.

Colton has a Muddy I-phone mount for his bow, so early in my hunt I get a text with a video of him, sqeaking in a coyote and killing him.
Still shot of arrow impact.

Then with half an hour of light left I get a text...big 8 in field, followed by another....hit hard heading north.

He dropped a bit, but was hit good, quartering forward, catching the outside lung. We tracked him a couple hundred yards that night, but thought we may have jumped him, so we backed out and found him in the morning, another 75 yards farther. Luckily the coyotes did not find him and the meat was fine. A great deer to take, before he started breaking up the other bucks antlers.

Last edited:
Sounds like Colton had a great hunt, not only took out a dang deer killer, but also took out an antler breaker! Congrats Colton!!!

Great buck! I sure love the big 8's! Looks like he has the mass to break off every deer around. Awesome job Colton!

Apple doesn't fall from the tree. Congrats to your son and to you as well for raising your sons right. They are well on their way as big buck killing machines.

Top Bottom