Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Coltons P&Y

6x6

PMA Member
My son Colton shot his first P&Y with his bow after a few tough years trying. He has 4 real nice mloader bucks on the wall from when he was 8-12 years old, but then decided to hold out for an old buck with his bow, and we all know what can happen once we set our standards high.

It was a slow afternoon, with just a couple small bucks feeding while we were talking way too loud, seeing who could get the best sunset cell phone pics.

Mine, you can even see his girlfriend texting him.
image3.jpg

His

image4.jpg

About 10 min before shooting time ended, he says here comes another little buck, to our right. The buck is 35 yards and coming. I happened to pick up the binocs to look and its an older buck that we definately needed to shoot.
My video camera was zipped up in the bag so that was not even an option. Within 30 seconds of seeing him he stopped at 31 yards and Colton put an arrow thru him. Without the camera, we were not sure of the shot, but after a long wait, he only went 90 yards.

Now the mature whitetail curse is over. He has shot turkeys, does, antelope and bear with his bow, but this buck was by far the toughest to finally get.
image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome buck. When things get a little slow in the blind, my daughter and I have picture contests as well. Best picture of a bird, best picture of a deer, duck, turkey, etc... It's a lot of fun and keeps her focused.

I would hate to know your guys taxidermy bill every year! Wow awesome buck!:way:
i was thinking the same thing! haha!
Nice job Colton! if that's what you call a "little buck", i can't wait to see what you consider big! awesome buck! congrats!

Top Bottom