Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Comfortable Seat?

SWIADEERHNTR

Come 'on Next Season....
Hey, this last year was my first time trying the early muzzleloader season and I loved it. I sat on a bucket many times or on the ground covered by weeds, fallen trees, CRP etc...my rear end got so sore though after sitting for 4 hours to the point where I could only think about standing up and stretching! :moon:

I bought one of those padded seats from Remington to put on the bucket but it helped for about 30 mins and it lost its cushion too. I was wondering if anybody had good experience with a comfortable seat to be used on a timber edge/CRP or in a blind.

I've looked a little and the most comfy I've seen was a bag chair but I'm not sure how well that would really work. I don't think I could shoot well from it as they sort of slouch back. Any advice/experience would be great! Thanks!

The new Double seat. The extra wide one and a good pair of shooting sticks. Its all you will ever need.

thats it. gonna get one of those this year. might be worth the trip to buck hollow just for the seat

Thanks for the input! The rack pack looks sweet but with a pricetag. The double bull QS3 along with my new Primos Trigger Sticks should do. Thanks!

Magnus Rackpack rules.

picture.php

picture.php

Nothing saying you need to use it in a blind setup but it's probably easier to justify the $$ when you have a pack that doubles as your blind chair.

The rackpack is definitely a great idea. I have sat on essentially the same type of squared edge chairs and find them not as comfortable as the triangle ones like the double bull. Not really sure why either. Another thing I noticed is it is a lot easier to get into position with a triangle shaped chair. It seems because you can move your legs more.

The rackpack is definitely a great idea. I have sat on essentially the same type of squared edge chairs and find them not as comfortable as the triangle ones like the double bull. Not really sure why either. Another thing I noticed is it is a lot easier to get into position with a triangle shaped chair. It seems because you can move your legs more.

The RP is way comfy, even has a headrest - I just don't have it employed in the pic. You're absolutely right though Liv about the ease of positioning in the 3 leggers. Only bad thing about them I've found is that they sink down into damp ground alot more due to the 3 points of downward contact. The RP doesn't do that because of the increased surface area of the front rail contacting the ground. No doubt, they both have their ups and downs though.

I've had the same problem with bow holders in wet ground and ended up fashioning my own that has a plate at the bottom to eliminate tipping, much like the Bowjaws commercial unit. Damp, soft ground has been the bane of my turkey hunting but I guess that's what ya get when you hunt bottom ground. :D

Top Bottom