Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Comparing recreational property costs….

Pops

PMA Member
Kind of a random and general question…how do the prices of recreational property in Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, and Missouri compare?

If you were going to change the question to “What would 80 acres of timber cost“? I would think Iowa and Illinois would be similar followed by Missouri then Kansas. A lot of variables in each State, a lot of the difference would be the amount of Property for sale “supply”.

If all things were magically identical (Same exact property makeup, distance to major city/airport, soil, cash rent rates, etc, etc)

My opinion: Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas.

(price high to low)
This^^^^^
What’s interesting is the pricing really doesn’t reflect the quality of the Whitetail’s. Or even opportunities…. All are guaranteed tags for LO’s except iowa. Iowa is only state with party hunting loop hole though.
2 states id hunt on that list.

If you were going to change the question to “What would 80 acres of timber cost“? I would think Iowa and Illinois would be similar followed by Missouri then Kansas. A lot of variables in each State, a lot of the difference would be the amount of Property for sale “supply”.
That's a much better way of putting it. Thanks!

Top Bottom