Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Complete...

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
I have had nothing short of a blessed season. I was fortunate enough to harvest my best bow buck to date. I then fulfilled a lifelong dream of hunting a Saskatchewan whitetail. I came home with a filled tag on a beautiful Chocolate Rack, and some great friends! (both stories in PMA :D :drink1: ) I promised myself I would be very satisfied with how my season went, regardless of how it ended with Late Muzz.

Bow Buck
picture.php

Canada Buck
picture.php

I hunted 13 days for a particular buck that I had missed last year. Its a long story but in pure THA4 fashion....

This is Droppy last year-

picture.php

picture.php

He was like an absolute ghost this year and never once showed himself while I was able to hunt him, and it is as I swallow my final bite of humble pie when I say - he won. He is old, crafty and taught me a lot, even though I never saw him while hunting...

This year

picture.php

picture.php

I wanted him BAD this year, but just couldn't make it happen... I will be looking for his sheds and hoping to see him again next year!

But, I digress....
Thursday, January 6th was the final day of my season and I decided to get out and sit in a spot that seemed to be a sure bet. Two days prior, I found out from my Taxi. that one of my capes from '09 was slipping and was unusable. AND, since I'm pretty broke, I couldn't really afford to buy a new one. I decided that if a respectable buck by my standards showed up, I was going to let him have it. After all, it was my last chance and I needed a cape. :D

It was 5:15 before the first deer showed up, and I was getting quite anxious... story of my late season, deer would come, but just before dark. A doe and this buck appeared and worked their way towards me. I closely watched the time as end of legal shooting time was 5:32. 5:27 came and I let him have it at 144 yards. Talk about down to the wire...

The shot was dead on and he went about 80 yards before face planting in the field. My kinda drag job! :way: I couldn't have been happier!!!

This buck is far from my biggest, but he represents a season that I am very proud of and very fortunate for. He's got two spots on my wall, ;). I can't say I have ever done that before..... cape on another mount and in line with some other euro mounts.

Here's this years late muzz buck, and I love him!
picture.php

It was a great season and I am extremely thankful for the opportunities I had this year!

Thanks for reading!

Way to go Thomas...as always, I love your honesty and transparency in writing. Congrats....blessed you are! :way:

Very awesome year!!! A Saskatchewan Whitetail hunt is at the very top of my to-do list once I decide to spend some dough to hunt out of state. Good work!!

Top Bottom