Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Conceal carry during bow season

Careful! The first sentence is key: "A rule change approved by the administrative rules committee during 2017 Iowa legislative session allows hunters who have a valid permit to carry a handgun while hunting deer under an archery tag."

So if you don't have a permit, you can't carry, which to me seems arbitrary. Why is someone with a permit more "trustworthy" to not poach with the pistol while bowhunting? I don't care to carry while bowhunting so I'm really am not impacted by this.

Careful! The first sentence is key: "A rule change approved by the administrative rules committee during 2017 Iowa legislative session allows hunters who have a valid permit to carry a handgun while hunting deer under an archery tag."

So if you don't have a permit, you can't carry, which to me seems arbitrary. Why is someone with a permit more "trustworthy" to not poach with the pistol while bowhunting? I don't care to carry while bowhunting so I'm really am not impacted by this.

Well you have to have a valid permit to carry when not hunting so why would it be any different when you are hunting.

I can open carry on my property without a permit. Except bow season?

Gray area. Inside city limits, or get in a vehicle not legal. But you are right that if you walk out your door with bow and tag in hand and a sidearm, you are not legal...unless you have a permit to carry...

Top Bottom