Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Concealed carry to be legal in Illinois?!

INative

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73663214/

I was reading CBS news last night about the shooting in Conn., which is/ was horrifying. A 'related article' came up saying that a federal court ruled that Illinois concealed carry ban is unconstitutional and Illinois law makers have 180 days to create a law making concealed carry legal.

Have y'all heard of this? I've lived about 15 minutes from Illinois all my life until 6 months ago and I always swore I'd never live in Illinois. Chicago runs the entire state. And Illinois just believes that they can fix anything with more legislature. Their speed limits are lower. There is no concealed carry. Even their laws for transporting guns are strict. When I go hunting, I have stuff scattered all over my truck, the last thing I need is my gun scattered around in pieces.

Things are looking a little better now if they make concealed carry legal though. Also, please don't relate this to yesterday's tragedy. It's totally different. There has been tons of crime in Illinois, especially Chicago, and a concealed carry ban has not helped. Thugs don't shop at gun stores.

First of all I want to say that I cannot put into words how I feel about what happened yestereday..just awful. I have a sister that lives about 30 miles from there, so when I heard where it happened, I stopped in my tracks. Anyway..I live in Illinois, I have also lived in Iowa and Minn. Illinois is by far the worst for gun owners like myself. FOID Cards, to me its a tax on gun owners. I have a feeling that horrfic events like what happened yesterday put sportsmans and other law biding citizens that own guns under fire. I hope that Illinois does catch up to the other 49 states that have this, but I am not holding my breathe, I can see the State of Illinois appealing this and it could be caught up in court for years.
OK...I will step down from my soap box

We took a tough hit here. I have friends that are still on scene (first rsponders). They will never be the same.

I live in Iowa and work in ILL. Saw the court decision and hope they do come up with something but not holding my breath. Sorry but I think that state is more f'ed up then the federal gov.
I have never owned a handgun, never felt a need for one. Recently I had been thinking about getting one but kept putting it off. Went to the Sheriffs office yesterday and got my permit to purchase.

Top Bottom