Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Congressman's Reply

"Thank you for contacting me about gun control issues. I'm honored to represent you in Congress. Your opinion is very important to me and my priority is to provide Iowa 's Second District with the best representation possible.

There are many new policy options currently under debate in respect to the Second Amendment and further regulation. Gun control and safety issues must be given careful consideration.

While I believe the United States should maintain the ban on the sale or transfer of semi-automatic weapons, I support the important exception for hunters. I recognize that hunting is an essential part of Iowa 's culture and history, and I encourage the maintenance of that tradition. In order to protect hunters, we should continue to require licenses for gun possession and maintain existing regulations on the purchase and possession of guns.

Thank you again for contacting me about this important issue. I encourage you to visit my website at http://www.loebsack.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletters to stay informed of the work I'm doing in Congress. I am proud to serve Iowa 's Second District, and I am committed to working hard for you. "

Sincerely,

Dave Loebsack
Member of Congress

This was a letter I recieved from Loebacks people on my message to him regarding second ammendment issues. It seems pretty clear to me that he is in favor of a Clinton Era gun ban. Also currently there are no restrictions on owning semi auto weapons(like my BAR .270)-just fully auto rifles. Make your own minds up-just thought I would post how our representative on the east side of the state think.

Top Bottom