Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Conquest Scents

HOOSIER

Guy I work said he used the Rutting Buck on a couple of trees the other night and said he had never seen a buck go crazy like that before. He said the buck caught wind of the scent and took off on a sprint and "speared" the tree and went to town on it. After he was done with that tree he caught wind of the other tree and did the same thing, then he met an arrow. Anyone else use these?

I use their evercalm stick on the backside of the tree I'm sitting in to help cover downwind. Jury is still out but for the one season I've done this it definitely hasn't hurt anything. Call me CRAZY! Never tried the other scents they produce.

I've used ever clam and it peaks a deers interest. I disagree that it relaxes them, but they definitely try to figure out where it came from.

If you put it on your boots when walking to stand it will make for some close shots on coyotes. Brought 2 into less than 10 yds last yr. They are no longer with us. Haha

The herd in a stick definitely smells like a deer. I have used it on my boots and pants for a few years and around my stand. I think it has helped for cover scent. Never had the experience your buddy had but I have seen deer do funny things over the years

Kratz

I found the Evercalm and the Rutting Buck as a package for a decent price, so ill give it a go. Sounds like the Evercalm is more of a cover while the Rutting Buck is more of an attractant.

Think this was discussed last year, but does this stuff keep from year to year? Comes in a pretty big stick, so I'd think it would be hard to use all in one year.

Think this was discussed last year, but does this stuff keep from year to year? Comes in a pretty big stick, so I'd think it would be hard to use all in one year.

My stick from last year is still in good shape but there's not a whole lot left. I think as long as you kept it in a cool place it would be fine.

Holy hell, this stuff stinks!!! Mine just came in today, figured I would give it a try this year. Wow, definitely see where they tell you to keep it sealed in a Ziplock bag!!!

Those of you who rub it on your clothes, I feel bad for your significant other!! Anyway, interested to see how the deer react. I have never been a scent guy, and always worry about introducing something "different" (yes, I understand they are both suppose to "deer" scents").

Holy hell, this stuff stinks!!! Mine just came in today, figured I would give it a try this year. Wow, definitely see where they tell you to keep it sealed in a Ziplock bag!!! Those of you who rub it on your clothes, I feel bad for your significant other!! Anyway, interested to see how the deer react. I have never been a scent guy, and always worry about introducing something "different" (yes, I understand they are both suppose to "deer" scents").

I've put it on my boots but I quit doing that when deer started walking to the tree and looking up literally. Some guys might like that, but I'm not a fan.

Rub a little on the belly of a decoy and it will be dynamite.

Have had very good success using it as a cover scent, don't purposely use it as attractant. Probably the best thing I have ever used and really the only thing I will use now. I don't use urine or estrous or anything.

I've put it on my boots but I quit doing that when deer started walking to the tree and looking up literally. Some guys might like that, but I'm not a fan.

Could you use boot pads or something? Take them off before you get to the stand?

Rub a little on the belly of a decoy and it will be dynamite.

Have had very good success using it as a cover scent, don't purposely use it as attractant. Probably the best thing I have ever used and really the only thing I will use now. I don't use urine or estrous or anything.
You talking deer herd scent or rutting buck scent?

I've just used herd on a stick on the decoy but I'm sure rutting buck would be fine too. You just want the decoy to give off some scent or else that buck will get downwind and smell nothing which may make him uneasy.

I've just used herd on a stick on the decoy but I'm sure rutting buck would be fine too. You just want the decoy to give off some scent or else that buck will get downwind and smell nothing which may make him uneasy.

Ok. Guessing if you value your decoy, the rutting buck could be too much of a risk! But man love the decoy attack videos!

Top Bottom