Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Conversation with DNR Biologist

I spoke with a DNR deer biologist today (very nice guy). After a long conversation the synopsis was that he feels for many factors the deer population has dropped, and in much of the state the current depravation programs need to be altered. In the end Iowa’s deer numbers is a product of social tolerances…..Basically the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

The DNR will and has received many concerns on the decreasing numbers during the seasons (cheers to all that have called:way:); however, when hunting stops the hunter’s voice is not heard as much. Unfortunately this is the most important time to lobby your views because legislation ramps up.

Maybe this site can form a committee for lobbying the hunter’s side (sorry if it already exists and I am not aware). We all know the people, and forces on the other side of the fence will be ready to lower the herd as much as possible:mad:.

There was a group called the "Iowa Conservation Alliance" which had representatives from all the major outdoors groups. BASS, Pheasants Forever, Whitetails Forever, etc.. Not sure if that group is still together, but that's the only group I know of that at one time did have the DNR's ear..

I spoke with a DNR deer biologist today (very nice guy). After a long conversation the synopsis was that he feels for many factors the deer population has dropped, and in much of the state the current depravation programs need to be altered.

Those scoundrels!! I say we shoot all of those bad deer!!!! :D

Top Bottom