Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Corbens last day bird, thanks to the fan

6x6

PMA Member
It's been a tough youth turkey season with the weather, but we had a great hunt today. We used the fan to get close enough to get this last day gobbler. This morning was heavy rain, so we slept in and I just went for a drive at 8:00. On the way back I found 3 strutters and 9 or so hens. Went back and got Corben, his stuff and flew back to see them in the corner of the corn still.

]

We dropped into the creek to get behind them in the cedars and found another nice ehd buck.

We then stalked thru the cedars behind the fan untill we were almost to the fence, and then we were on em, 40 yards away. I stuck the fan in the ground, ducked and held the mullberry gun rest we cut. At the shot birds were everywhere. I ran to where they were at, watching 3 gobblers walking into the wind, trying to fan, without a clue. Thought it was a miss, but as I was starting to walk back I saw a 4th tom, dead, under the cedar limbs. Very fun hunt! We would have never pulled it off without the fan.

Very nice:way:

Does it match up to the monster he killed last year?

Mobil Cooter using IW

Very nice:way:

Does it match up to the monster he killed last year?

Mobil Cooter using IW

No, this one was a younger tom, but one of the 3 strutters has some real long hooks, but he stayed behind the cedars and things were starting to go south.

No, this one was a younger tom, but one of the 3 strutters has some real long hooks, but he stayed behind the cedars and things were starting to go south.

Great hunt nun the less. Just amazed cause everything on your place seems to be trophy status.

Mobil Cooter using IW

Top Bottom