Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cordless Drill Auger

Wow.... I am amazed that actually worked! I wonder how much torque that drill has? I have just a basic standard Dewalt 1/2" cordless drill.. I can't imagine that working

Looked at a couple websites on these and they said a 18v 1/2drive works great for these. Supposedly with sharp blades, you can drill a 6" hole through 10" of ice in 8secs.
Can't wait to test it out on saturday!:drink1:

What are they using for an auger? Just a regular hand auger with the handle taken off?

that's kind of what it looks like to me.. like one of them two piece ones.. and then maybe take the upper handle portion out and put a 1/2'' or larger drill bit in it and tighten down with the lower portion of the augers lever?

i want to try making one.. just make sure to weld on a cross bar or something to keep the auger from falling clear through the hole if it falls out of the drill chuck..... that would suck!

Made one a few years ago,4" hole was the max for my craftsman 19.2, burnt up the drill in 3-4 trips w/ the 6", make sure blades are good, laser augers worked good4 me.

I've got 22inches of good clear hard ice if anyone wants to come up and punch me a couple dozen holes this next weekend. I wouldnt have to use my big 10in' that way. :)

I can see this burning up drills in a hurry. Better go with something with a lifetime warrenty.

Watched another youtube video on these from some famous ice fisherman, can't remember his name. Anyways, he said these are great for early in the year when the ice isn't really thick so I'm guessing things get wore out quick. I'm gonna test a homeade one out but I'm betting I'll be handrilling most holes!

I saw someone useing one of these an a show on the Outdoor Channel a couple of weeks ago. They said that they were useing a 36 volt cordless drill. Anyone have an idea what those are worth?

Top Bottom