Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Corn Burners?

This isn't corn but my home owners insurnce went up fiddy bucks/year two years ago because of a "surcharge" for anybody who had a fire place, wood stove or in my case a wood burning furnace. So If your insurance company is the same as mine, Benton Mutual Insurance Association, it'll probably go up, even if the "solid fuel burner" has been in the house for years.

The 'Bonker

Mine went up about the same as Bonkers did when I put the corn furnace in. It would have been the same for a wood stove or pellet burner.

Wouldnt mind have one in a few years when we mve to the farm. Im just redneck enuff to have a bulkbin in my yard. Plus
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

I have mine positioned just right so you cannot see it from the road. I can only see it if I am looking out my kitchen window. I also thought about building a little "utility shed" to kee my corn in. This would be a little less "redneck" but more expensive since I got my bin for free.

I wouldn't worry about the price staying here for an extended time. There is a lot of coffe shop talk about 5 or 6 dollar corn, but we are already seeing some ethanol plant plans being scrapped. We are already in the rationing stage, more cow/heifer slaughters and lighter hog weights.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I have farmed all my life full time, and I wouldn't bet on a new paradigm of high prices for good.
grin.gif

Don't get me wrong 6 bucks would help get me on a Brown Bear trip.
evil.gif

If corn gets that high & stays, I'll be looking for some cherry pits or some other biomass to burn. If it wasn't for the campfire odor - I would have a wood stove right now.

why follow the grain market or worry about having a fire in your house,when you could have an outdoor wood boiler.these babies are the way to go,the burner is installed away from the house,the water is heated then brought to the house and distributed through heat exchangers or in floor heat also a heat plate exchanger is installed right above the hot water tank for unlimited hot water, free of charge.i have installed 2 different ones in the last two months in the albia area, both in huge old farm houses, both customers are happy and utilizing there t.s.i. to heat there homes.my brother builds the units, his web page is www.rusticresource.com

Top Bottom