Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

corn

buckhunter31

buckhunter31
I am wondering why my corn is starting to turn yellow on some of the bottom leaves? Is it because it is to dry? I think we have had plenty of rain pluse i can irrigate it whenever i want. The plot is planted in sandy soil so would that have anything to do with it? Any advice would be great.

When the corn turns yellow around here it is because it is too wet and rained too much. My dad's farm got hammered and the wet areas the corn is only 2-3 foot tall and yellow while the rest of it is tassling out and looking good.

I would agree with Liv except your corn is on sand which would be well drained so I suspect it is either lacking nitrogen or water?

If it's moisture that is lacking the leaves should be curling?

A picture would be helpful ;)

I have a feeling it is running out of nitrogen. Is it to lat to give it another shot of nitrogen? Thanks for the help

I have a feeling it is running out of nitrogen. Is it to lat to give it another shot of nitrogen? Thanks for the help

No...not to late but if you use urea it needs to be applied just beofre a minimum 1/2" of rain or you will lose most of it with in 24 hours.

Ammonium nitrate works better to be broadcast on top of the soil but it's hard to get and expensive because of liability concerns. ;)

Top Bottom