Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cougars.....

BrewCrew

Got this email.. Said it was in Nebraska.. Just wondering if it had been posted on here before.

cougars2.jpg

cougars1.jpg

cougars.jpg

Looks like some big kittys

I got it in an e-mail saying it was Buffalo County Wisconsin...and supposedly it was "confirmed" to come from one of the locals cameras. I think they are full of it. The one cat has a yellow ear tag in it's right ear, and from what i've pulled from various sources it's a cat that was tagged in the Dakotas.

I got it also saying west central wisconsin...I too am using my B.S. card. Unless someone killed a doe and put it in front of their game camera the odds of this, without any other previous pics, well I'm no vegas bookie but I'd say it's off the board. Looks like someone with a couple of "pet" cats and a fresh roadkill to me...

A cougar was killed in Saskatoon Saskatchewan this fall. It had been collared in South Dakota 6 months prior. You guys have cats...all of you.

I got the same pics in a email today telling me they were taken by Williston, ND...

Who knows if it is true or not, but there are a lot of cats in the area...

There have been 7 cats killed already this fall..

No it's real, my buddy's sisters, boyfriends, aunt who lives by Wokanda Club sent me the origanal pics.. These cats are thriving in Des Moines..Stricktly night animals tho... I'm really worried about my shed bucks now /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Here's the story as told by the WI DNR.
"These photos were taken by Dan & Arlette Schweitzer, of Keystone, SD on October 9, 2008. The photos are of an adult female cougar and apparently her 2 nearly grown cubs. They were feeding a white-tailed deer killed by the cougars near the Schweitzer property just west of Hayward, SD, and about 4 miles east of Keystone. The adult female has a yellow ear tag, and cougar researcher, Brian Jansen of South Dakota State University, believes she was a study animal that had recently slipped her collar. The pictures are not of any cougars in Buffalo or Trempealeau Counties in WI, or any location in northern Minnesota"
I know many doubt that the DNR tells the truth about anything but I feel that this sounds more plausable than the stories I have heard at the tavern lately concerning these cougars....

I also received this twice. One email said WI and the other NE. I did a little research and found another blog saying that it was actually in South Dakota. Who knows? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

There's five photos total in that series.
Still pretty neat. 2nights ago I talked to a one of my landowners and he said he found a couger track in his pasture. He wanted to take me to look at it, but I had to get to another town to buy some blackpowder.

I don't give a crap where the pic was taken... if there are actually three cougars in one area working together like that I don't want to be part of it!!

Of course, it could be some sort of time sequence where it puts a series of pics all into one pic.

Cats, and more than one

These pics were sent to me 4 times now. I can't validate them because I don't know who they originated from. Supposedly these were taken from a trail cam in Fort Calhoun Nebraska. For those who don't know, Fort Calhoun is located just north and west of Omaha. There have been repoted sightings of cats in the area but of course when the authorities arrive, no cats.

ICAM00141.jpg
ICAM00131.jpg
ICAM00121.jpg
ICAM00112.jpg
ICAM00102.jpg

Re: Cats, and more than one

Amazing pics. Puts the hairs up on your neck. Big kitties. Going to hunt them in Utah this Feb...3 of them together makes me think a little harder about it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IowaRobinhood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's SD. I personally know the original source. </div></div>

Then you know me because those are my trail cam photos. Taken in my backyard. I personally tagged the one female. She was a bugger to hold down. Had to have my 10 year old daughter help. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

JK! I understand they are pics from the Hills in SD.

hoofline.gif

My sources tell me those photos were taken at McKinley Park in Union County.
nixweiss.gif

Is this so Brian? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Frankly I don't care where the photo's were taking, that is a great series of pic's!

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom