Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Could it be done?

Rackaddict

Life Member
I know this is way out there but, here it is anyway. Since there are camera cell phones, could a trail camera ever be built that would take a digital photo and be programed to send a call (picture) to another camera phone? I know it would be quit a work of art to get it done but it would be cool not to have to go out and check your camera every few days.

Like everything else, if I've thought of it then most likely someone else has already done it.

I personally don't know but that would be cool though.
grin.gif

well, they do make some that when the camera takes the pictur it gets sent straight to your computer, so i don't see why having it sent to your phone instead of you computer would be that hard to do!!!!!
waytogo.gif

There you go Rack, You should of invented and patented it before telling us about it. Now someone else will and you'll be
wall.gif

Sounds like a great idea though. Less scent in the area, etc.

i myself have thought about this subject many times. my thinking behind it was that it is a great security feature. this way if someone steals your camera, you probably will know who dun it. it would be awesome, but probably expensive. let me know when you are producing them for under 500 dollars. i will buy one.
grin.gif

I wish I had the knowhow to make one.
crazy.gif

Having the picture sent via e-mail would work too. Either way it would be a good security feature and like Shovelbuck said, you wouldn't leave as much scent in the area.

Somebody with some brains needs to make one. That leaves me out.
frown.gif

CamTracker is working on this very thing as you read this. Won't be long and it will be on the market. Can anyone give a link to the camera that sends pics directly to you computer? I'd like to look into that.

The quality will be very poor. The camera phones need to come a long way before it will be worth it.

I actually pondered the method of spearing a whitetail. To bad it would'nt fly with the DNR
frown.gif

I saw a web site on hog hunting where they were speared from above. I'm convinced it could be done with the right tool. The excitement level would be very high.
maniac.gif

Top Bottom