Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Could you do it?

DOR

Life Member
Scenario-
1. Hunting NM first archery seasonn.

2. Driving from MN with 3 guys total.

3. Have a F-150 crew cab 5.5 ft box with topper and Yakima rack.

Could you get all the gear for 3 guys in it for a two week Bivy elk hunt into the backcountry?

Remember, you have to get the meat back from NM.

DOR, drop me a message, if you are interested in a trailer.. otherwise, yes, get a hitch haul rack as well to help get a little extra space...

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
This is what it looks like when 4 Il. guys head out for 2 weeks of DIY Co. Elk hunting
:way:
DSCN0592.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

2011-09-042011-9-4guysleaving007.jpg

After 5 years of that , this year they are going in Style
phototoyhauler7.jpg

I kind of doubt you can do it. We can BARELY pull it off with 4 guys going on a 4 day antelope hunt in my dodge crew cab with a 5ft7 bed and a hitch rack. We do not have anything like sleeping bags, tents, stoves, big packs that you would be taking with you on an elk hunt. This year we got two full body decoys and don't think they will fit. The topper will help a bit though. so maybe you could do it but you will have to be very creative.

I would most definately try to see if someone would lend you a trailer for cheap. Two weeks is gonna require a few more items depending on how remote you are and whether you head into town for anything.

I agree the enclosed trailer would be the way to go. They are not a bad investment either. I had bought a new one 6 years ago for just over $1000. Decided to sell it on Craigslist this spring asking $750 for it. Sold it within 2 hours! Never even haggled on the price. Should have asked more for it. Got 6 years of use for $250. Not bad!

I found a picture of 2010 with 2 guys on the way home from WY with 2 guys basecamp gear.

Topper should help.

WYELKHunt2010134.jpg

we have 4 of us going to CO next fall for an elk hunt for a week. Truck and enclosed trailer is the plan. Your post has me wondering if we will have enough room.

Top Bottom