Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cover crop for turnips?

Fishbonker

Life Member
Any harm planting oats with turnips? I wonder if the oats will out compete the turnips. I'm geting ready to plant turnips in the next three to four weeks and I over bought oat seed so I thought I'd use some up with the turnips.

The 'Bonker

Shouldn't hurt for a food plot. If the oats are real thick they may choke out some turnips, but not enough to worry about.

Well 'bonks...I was in the same exact predicament last year and and wasn't smart enough ( as you) to ask on here.
To tell you the truth...do as I did and just do it. Mine turned out great.Just a small plot..kinda experimental..but what I learned is that it does work.
Actually I planted the turnips first and then went back in and after they were up and broadcasted the oats.Give it a shot,It worked for me. Good luck and please let us know what you do and how it works.
BTW...LOVE the articles.Keep up the good work.
laugh.gif

Whitetail Institute has a product called Pure Attraction that is an Oat/brassica blend.....I'm planning on planting that myself, so I hope it works!

Top Bottom