Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

coyote hunting fatal accident

Thoughts and prayers to the family. I had a guy tell me once he would rather trash a $30,000 pickup than lose a coyote. Priorities man, priorities!!

Last year something like this happened a guy was ramping terraces after a 'Yote and broke his neck $500 damage to the pick-up guy can't walk anymore. I know Jordan but don't know Josh.

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news/Paralyzed-Iowa-farmer-determined-to-plant-crops/-/9674510/19321838/-/qelx0d/-/index.html

Just found out it was right by a friends house. JNRBRONC, groups around here have their guns out and ready to shoot on anybody's place (Most of the time they're all on the road). They don't care who's place it is.

Prayers out to Melissa and family, sad deal.

Last edited:
Surely that can't be legal?????
When it comes to coyote hunting, there isn't much that is illegal. A group of guys with four wheel drive trucks, CB radios, racing around sections trying to head the coyote off as it tries to leave the section. I suppose now with carry permits, most probably have the rifle out and loaded, used to be it needed to be in a case.

Surely that can't be legal?????

Terrible situation.

Shooting out of a moving vehicle is NOT legal, however, in some circles, when it comes to coyote hunting, that type of thing is not at all unheard of. I am not saying all, and I do not know the people in this situation, but some groups that pursue coyotes will stop at nothing to get them.

In a lot of cases the landowners don't care how people get coyotes, they are just glad that someone is getting them. In other cases, some landowners are frankly afraid to confront some groups, so about anything goes, believe it or not.

Prayers sent to the family.

I'm surprised guys still chase yotes in trucks with gas prices the way they are. Seems like you could save money and probably bag more yotes just setting up and calling them in. To each their own I guess.

I cant stand the way some of those groups go after a stupid coyote!
between the danger on the road and shooting high-power rifles its surprising more accidents don't happen!

One was driving around my property lately shooting out the window, I just held my dog behind a tree, don't need them thinking my dog is fair game.

Top Bottom