Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CP33, 30-10 or 20-20

ajadams

PMA Member
I have to put in some cp33 in some buffers out at the farm and they have a 30-10 and 20-20 mix. I have found what is in each one but not percentages. I am planning to put some CIR in with the mix because I want more grasses for pheasant cover. Any thoughts to which would be a better cover for pheasants.

Thanks

I prefer gama, but switch would stand up good all winter. Be careful though, it can take over and crowd out most forbes if not controlled well with properly timed fires.

I'm not sure exactly what that mix entails...is this a short native grass mix? Little bluestem is great cover by itself for pheasants but CIR switchgrass will make better winter cover.

You might consider adding switchgrass to portions or areas but not the whole thing to keep some diversity.

Switch is not ideal nesting habitat although they will certainly nest in it but nesting is only 1/2 the battle. If they don't have good winter cover then what good is nesting?? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Top Bottom