Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crabclaw Six

Krista has promised to eventually tell her story, but you know the busy times of a high school freshman :cool: In the meantime, I thought I'd add a couple more pictures and a few of the basics. I named him Crabclaw Six, but he is technically an 8. He has short little crabclaw points at the end of each main beam. The entire time we watched him we thought he was a clean 6. This picture shows the crabclaws a little better.

P1050608.jpg

We spent quite a bit of time right near the moment of truth trying to decide to pass or shoot. Ultimately, I knew he was a mature deer and left the decision totally to her. She put a 245 grain power belt through his heart at relatively close range, and he didn't go far. Had to drag both of them out early this morning for a daylight picture :D

P1050609.jpg

I cut him up today and rough scored him somewhere in the 120's as a 6...the crabclaw points are both just barely an inch long. As those of you who've done this before know, being a part of one of your kids shooting a great deer is waaaaaaay better than doing it yourself, and I was one very happy dude. OK, enough from me, Krista will post her story eventually...it has some really entertaining details.

NWBuck

Top Bottom