Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crazy Coyote

scout

How many time have I scolded myself for going to the woods unarmed? Well, today was another one of those days. While scouting a new timber I had a most unlikely thing happen. While comming out of a ravine I noticed movement over my right shoulder. I suspected it was a coyote, but thought it might have been a fawn. To my amasement it turned out to be a coyote. Strange how close I managed to walk. It was down wind and I was not very quiet. I was kicking myself for not having a weapon, expecting a shot. A shot! Check this out! The devil circled around from about 20 yards and came up the same side of the ravive as I was on, it stopped less than 10 FEET from me! It was wiffing the air like my beagle whiffs food! After a nose full it trotted to the bottom of the ditch. Then it hit me! The pruning snips in my hand would be easy to relocate in the bottom of the ditch. WAMMO! DEAD CENTER! DOUBLE LUNGER! 8 YARDS!
brick[1].gif

you can come over to my place and try it agian monday night at about 2am i had 4 coyotes in my driveway just a howling if i wasn't so tired i might have gotten the gun out

trx and i were setting climbing sticks under one of my stands monday, and i looked to the rigt, and 20 yards away, was a woodchuck, clinging to a tree, 6 feet off the ground. and i had taken my .22 out of the truck. would have been a GREAT shot for a bow...if one of us had brought one. i hope he shows up when i'm in the stand

Top Bottom