Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crazy grunt

dblmainbeam

Ok I had a buck last night under my stand. There were three does and him. His hair stood up on his back from head to tail and he let out a grunt that lasted about 15 seconds, then a real short pause then another 15 second grunt and the a bunch of short grunts. Then he took after off after one of the does. Its sounded like a dog growling. Is this the growl everyone is talking about? It was one of the coolest thing Ive heard a deer do. He was a small eight point but he had the attitude of a monster.

I've heard the growl three times that I can remember. In '03 I heard the really long drawn out grunt/growl out of a buck tending a doe as he was fighting off a couple other bucks. I thought it sounded like a four wheeler sorta. Last year I heard the loud dinosaur like growl out of the buck I killed. He did it a dozen times and it was friggin INTENSE! This year Kratz and I watched a good buck tending a doe a few days ago. He chased her into a thick area and all of a sudden there was a CRASH as he and another buck really tore into each other. After it was all said and done one of the bucks growled out a half dozen times, it was so friggin cool. I think we got that on tape, the sound that is... correct me if I'm wrong Kratz.

yeah i bought a "buck growl" call from walmart a few days ago, it came with a dvd with 3 or 4 video's of bucks making that noise. pretty amazing. i tried it this past friday night and had a nice 8 point and 2 smaller bucks come to the stand within 10 minutes of making the "growl." it's a pretty amazing noise if u ask me.

I "roared" up a 1.5 yr old buck tonight. I seen him go by nose to the ground and I grunted and snort wheezed at him and he just looked and kept going. On his second time by about 90-100 yards away I decided to try out the Primos Buck Roar and let it go. The buck stopped dead in his tracks and then ran full out to the base of my tree 5 yards away just looking hard for what made that sound! I was pretty excited to see his reaction and can't wait to give it a try this weekend! Definately hooked on this call and think it legit

Used the Buck Growl to take my last two archery bucks. 130" 9 pt last year and a 140" 10 pt this past Monday. Am a believer in it.

Top Bottom