Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crazy weather

Saw a nice buck in Indianola in the middle of town by A&W today at 3:30pm. Bout got smacked by a guy on a motorcycle. Guess that means thier moving.:D The buck slipped slided in the road and took off down an alley. Crazy

blakesburg said:
Saw a nice buck in Indianola in the middle of town by A&W today at 3:30pm. Bout got smacked by a guy on a motorcycle. Guess that means thier moving.:D The buck slipped slided in the road and took off down an alley. Crazy

I know where I'm hunting, just got to get permission to hang my stand on a electrical pole.

Wow!!! It was crazy again tonight! Sat down at about 5:35 and seconds later a great ol' 150-160s class Buck with kickers and flyers all around came within 40 yards of me. Soon after 3 Does came around at 50 yards. They passed through then 4 more Does came. Then 2 more Does, then 2 more. May I remind you that was in 30-40mins of sitting. Went to see if my friend was 200 yards away at about 6:40 he'd either left or didn't go. He said he was going to hunt that stand tonight. He would have been able to have shot a dandy of a Doe if he'd been sitting. Peeked over the hill and there a Doe was standing at the base of his ladder stand sniffing it.

at least theres a good front moving in today. I was thinking about skipping some class to make it out tonight and tomorrow morning but i think with the 30 mph winds forecasted ill save my skip days

Last night in warm weather did see two does and small buck and two turkeys the does were bleating and the buck was grunting. I have heard the bucks grunt before but first time hearing the does make noise. Got me going thought if a buck was in area and heard them he would come in on a string. No luck

Wow!!! It was crazy again tonight! Sat down at about 5:35 and seconds later a great ol' 150-160s class Buck with kickers and flyers all around came within 40 yards of me. Soon after 3 Does came around at 50 yards. They passed through then 4 more Does came. Then 2 more Does, then 2 more. May I remind you that was in 30-40mins of sitting. Went to see if my friend was 200 yards away at about 6:40 he'd either left or didn't go. He said he was going to hunt that stand tonight. He would have been able to have shot a dandy of a Doe if he'd been sitting. Peeked over the hill and there a Doe was standing at the base of his ladder stand sniffing it.
for as much walking around as you do/ going for an hour at a time you sure do see alot of big bucks

There doesn't happen to be a unusually high fence around the whole entire area you hunt does there??:grin: Wish I saw as many deer as you do on a regular basis.

Top Bottom