Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

creative land financing

whitetailnut

What are some different ways people have financed land purchases to own ground. Co owners, sell hunts, sell short term leases, crop income, state income...? I am a traveling hunter who is losing my knock on door, walk on ground in all the good states and forced to buy land at home cuz I cant move to Iowa and dont want to own land 800 miles away. Hunting is sadly changing quickly and 20% of hunters are buying or leasing 80% of the ground. I dont blame them, but I need to find a way to help my own cause. Everyones situation is different but mine is coming to how much land can you afford in the next few years before it is gone or priced out of control??????????

Times are tough across the land and banks in many cases may have land that may have been foreclosed on and they would love to unload.

I'd check around and see what creative financing might be available.

You might be able to attract some folks to share/split leasing hunting rights that are in the same boat.

No easy answers or everyone would be doing it...

I think you just mentoined about everyone of 'em right there. If you can find ground with a good balance in tillable and timber and CRP acres and split the cost with one or two people then I think it would be feasable.

thats sweet, I been thinkin bout becoming a professional powerball player, I saw one on Jerry Springer once, I should be good at it cuz I CAN count to 10. Seriously though, wish I could just buy a county or something!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetailnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Seriously though, wish I could just buy a county or something! </div></div> Alaska was bought for 2 cents an acre from Russia, maybe see if they have a county they would sell ya. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I wanted to own a county too. Settled for 69 acres. Many would say that is not enough, but all I could afford. I 6 years of ownership I have 3 P+Y deer and 5 turkeys. Its Ok to set your sights high but you don't need that whole county.

Any Vets out there should look into small business loans offered through the VA. I don't have all the info but was told it is possible to buy a farm and lease/rent tillable acres.
As a SB loan you can get a LOT better rate then regular home loans.

I had gone through the posts. Creative financing is a term used widely amongst real estate investors to refer to non-traditional means of real estate financing or financing techniques not commonly used. Could you please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.

Top Bottom