Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

crop ground rental rates

Nontypcl1

I've been dealing with the NRCS for the last few months on enrolling my 20acre hayfield into CP-23. Well, after being told for months that it will have no problem being accepted, I found out yesterday that the state office is now probably not going to accept it. To say the least I'm a bit disappointed and frustrated with the county NRCS guys. Supposedly, since there is grass growing, even being only 6" tall, there isn't enough resource concern to enroll it.

Now it has been suggested by the county NRCS that I plant soybeans this next spring and then reapply after the beans are harvested. Their reasoning is that all the exposed soil ensures it being a soil conservation concern.
I wondering what is a fair rental rate for this field. It is tiled but is hydric soils. I don't know what the CSR is or if it matters since it is to be planted into beans. I've got a farmer friend who will gladly farm it next year but we haven't talked price yet.

I just want to make sure I'm leasing it at a fair price. I was getting $2500 for it while being hayed. Is that that about right?

suggestions?

Top Bottom