Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crossbow / Draw Lock?

bowman

Super Moderator
Reality is sinking in with the slow recoevery from shoulder surgery. While I have come a long way from this
1040-shoulder_1.jpg

I am still working on range of motion with no weight. The shoulder socket is locked either due to imobilization for 4 weeks or scar tissue. Either way, I am not nearly as far along as I had hoped. I see the surgeon tomorrow. While I am remaining optomistic for my October 13th forcasted full recovery, I am realizing that I might need to explore my options.

I tried drawing my kids' 30 lb bow with my teeth and it felt like I was going to pull my teeth out of my head so I quickly scratched that as an option. I have looked into the Draw Lock but I hate to invest $150 for a short term need, although it would be nice to be able to use my current bow. I have also looked at crossbows but they are pricey. I have not had the oportunity to work any overtime since the shoulder injury so money is extremely tight. I have never had the desire to hunt with a crossbow or draw assisted bow but I have also never had the necessity. If it means missing the season I will do what I need to do.

So my question is........if I find myself in need of one for a short time, does anyone have a crossbow or draw lock that they would be willing to loan? I realize that this is a big item to borrow but you never know untill you ask.:eek: I can assure you that I am as trustworthy as they come.

Thanks in advance. My goal is to be able to draw at least a 40lb bow but at this point I wouldn't trust myself even climbing a tree.

Thanks again!:way:

I have a crossbow you can use. Its a ten point but other then that I dont know much about it. I have had 2 shoulder surgeries so I had the opportunity to get this crossbow knowing that someday I might be forced to use it because of shoulder issues. Its been shot one time and is basically brand new. Let me know if you want to use it and I will make arrangements to get it sent to you. I currently live in Florida and the crossbow is back home in Illinois. Its no problem to have someone ship it to you.

My hunting buddy died of cancer last year and left me his Excaliber crossbow with all the needed extras including a crank up device which you will definitely need. I live about 10 miles south of Keosaukqua. Its yours to use,

Wayne-

Sorry things are moving slower than expected. Been thinking about you this weekend and almost called you. I'll call sometime this week to catch up if you have the time/desire.

I'm glad there are a couple of guys willing to help you out (thanks guys!). I was going to offer to float you the $ to get the bow or at least part of it, but I'm glad a couple of guys can help you. For whatever its worth, I'll vouch for his credibility!! You're still in the nightly bedtime prayers in AZ!

Don't overdue it Wayne...take your time and keep after it.:way:

I hear they are making this new product called putaDORinyourstand. It allows you to stay home and watch football while the "device" harvest deer from your stands. Something to think about anyway.:D

Wayne, my dad has a spare crossbow I could get for you. It does not have a draw crank on it, but he always used a piece of rope so he could pull it back one handed. I'll get it for you if you want it.

Wayne......you look like crap. :D Glad to see a few guys here step up and help a brotha out!! :way: Seriously though.......you look like you just woke up from a week long bender and aren't sure where you are. Glad to hear your improving! Take it easy and give it time to heal.

Hope you continue to improve, Wayne! If I had a crossbow, I'd hand deliver it to you! Good luck and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!!!

Gentlemen, I don't know how to thank you enough for the generous offers. I'll be sending out PM's to those who offered. I am going to see where the next few weeks take me with my physical therapy. The surgeon told me today that we are going to get more aggressive with physical therapy for the next 4 weeks, which scares me tremendously since I already sweat and nearly roll off the table when they are working on it. I need to get to the point where I can safely climb a tree and then hold the weight of the crossbow (shoot left handed) before I will even consider it. Thanks again so very much to those who offered.

Critter, I haven't drank a drop of alcohol for more than 12 years, but I was under the influence of Hydrocodone when that picture was taken. Although some people function well on it, I can't handle the stuff and quit taking it after 3 days. So you were correct in that I was not aware of where I was. We had to wipe the drool from my chin for the picture.:D

DOR, I have had many people offer to help me in the way that you described. Although the method of operation was exactly the same, it seems each device had a different name. Go figure!:grin:

Once again guys, thanks so much for the kind words and generous offers. Only on a place like this can a stranger ask to borrow something as expensive as this and have people actually offer up. The brotherhood of deer hunters has always impressed me but I am trully feeling it now. We all come from different walks of life but only deer hunters understand the need to fuel the hunting passion that flows through us all.

I thank you all!

Top Bottom