Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cuddeback's and Woodpeckers?

darkhollow1

PMA Member
I have had my fresnel lense destroyed twice now and had to send my cuddeback in to get a new lense put in it. After talking with cuddeback they are telling me that it is common for a woodpecker to sit on top of the camera and peck at the fresnel lense. Thus causing it to punture or get scratched real bad. They suggested trying to build some sort of shelf to cover the top of the camera to prevent the problem. Just curious if anybody else has had this problem and what they have done about it. Thanks...

[ QUOTE ]
...After talking with cuddeback they are telling me that it is common for a woodpecker to sit on top of the camera and peck at the fresnel lense. Thus causing it to punture or get scratched real bad. They suggested trying to build some sort of shelf to cover the top of the camera to prevent the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT!?!
Then ask Cuddeback if it's so common, why don't they build their cams to be woodpecker proof from the factory?
confused.gif

I run 6 cuddebacks and have used them for several years and have never had that problem before and have never heard of the such..

I had a woodpecker pound about a dozen holes in the lens of an old 35 mm trail camera of mine this summer. One of those things we had to laugh about after it happened. Fortunately, the camera still works fine, but it is obviously not as weatherproof as it once was.

NWBuck

[ QUOTE ]
I've had ants give me fits but never wood-peckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

ME TOO!!!

Took the air compresser and gave them suckers a blow job!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've had ants give me fits but never wood-peckers.

[/ QUOTE ]

ME TOO!!!

Took the air compresser and gave them suckers a blow job!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
I don't what kind of glue they use on their eggs but its a bitch to get off.
grin.gif

Top Bottom