Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cultipacker interest??

Daver

PMA Member
I am considering building a 4' or 5' wide cultipacker that I can use behind by ATV. I am planning on it being a "flip tongue" design with wheels on it too so it can also be towed behind an ATV for short distance transportation.

The short story is that I am thinking of having someone that works for me do the welding and painting as his time permits this summer, in between seasonal construction activity. Sort of a time filler if you will.

If I have him go ahead make 2 or 3 or even more, I am curious if anyone is interested in purchasing one. I haven't priced everything up yet, but I am thinking that these would be very high quality, long lasting, yet simply designed models that will probably be around $500 per.

If you are interested, please reply or PM me and then I can gauge whether or not this idea might fly or not. Thanks.

That's a great idea Dave! I'll check around and see if there is any intrest also.

Are you going to make them like the "flip over" homemade models in this thread?

Cultipackers

Some of the commercial models are $800-900 :eek:

Exactly...

That's a great idea Dave! I'll check around and see if there is any intrest also.

Are you going to make them like the "flip over" homemade models in this thread?

Cultipackers

Some of the commercial models are $800-900 :eek:

I want to make a sturdy, yet simple device that is easy to use and store and I definitely want to make the flip over style. Some of the pictures on the link you provided are almost exactly what I had in mind.

We thought about making the exact same type of packer not too long ago. We just don't do enough small foodplotting to justify one right now. I keeping saying someday...we'll see. Post some pics when ya get yours done!

I would be curious to see your design once your done. Please post a thread with some pics.

I looked at a "polypacker" when I was at the MN Deer Classic, way to much on $$$ for me. Looks like a slick unit.
A flip style with an axle frame to add weight may be a neat feature. The poly packer I believe you could fill with water or sand. Either way its no good for remote foodplots, I would like to find something that a guy could build to add wieght and remove for hauling/storing. If I cant lift it into a 1/2ton by myself or easily get onto a trailer its to heavy.

Top Bottom