Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cultipacker tongue

Fishbonker

Life Member
If anybody has a 7 foot or so cultipacker could you measure the tongue from the main frame to the end and post the length? I need to put a new tongue on the one I just got from Ironwood and I'm unsure how long to make it.

Are there any guidelines how long to make tongues for farm equipment? I know alot of stuff was converted from horse use to tractor use simply by shortening the tongue.

Thanks.

The 'Bonker

I just picked up a 7' cultipacker a few weeks ago. I'll try to make a measurement and maybe take a picture tonight. Although, mine looks to be a pup off a larger unit that someone has welded a tongue on.

Keep the tounge narrow (the braces) so you can turn sharp with with what ever your pulling it with. It will help keep the back tires off the tounge. (Same thing with lawn rolllers too.)

You can set the puller and the cultipack at right angles to each other and get a good feel with a tape as to what it should be.

I have a double gang c-packer spotted in a junk yard and the guy doesn't seem to want to part with it. It's old but nice.... Someday....

Good luck and post a pic when your done. Jody

[ QUOTE ]
You can set the puller and the cultipack at right angles to each other and get a good feel with a tape as to what it should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a good idea. Only "hitch" is if all three units are hooked together it seems to be a little heavy for the Rhino. Main unit alone should be OK, but if I wanna use all three sections to get 14' of cultipacker I'll have to use my Oliver 88 which requires a much longer tongue than the Rhino would. I could probably make an adjustable tongue....

I'll see what buckcrack comes up with before I start gluing metal.

Thanks.

The 'Bonker

I thought cultipacker tongue was a medical condition brought on by deviant acts involving corduroy pants?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought cultipacker tongue was a medical condition brought on by deviant acts involving corduroy pants?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I looked that up in one of the medical books and there was a picture of you, ya provert. Provert is not a typo. There are three levels of pervism. Prevert, not quit a pervert, you could say a pervert in training. Then comes the regular pervert that we are all familiar with and then there is the Provert. This is an individual who's mind isn't in the gutter, rather it is in the sewer with mine.

The 'Bonker

Ok, here ya go. Measured from the main crossbar running parallel to the wheels to the pin in the tongue. 45" on the nose. In the first picture, The tractor is in the middle of a hard right turn and the wheels don't come close to hitting the culti. Hope this helps

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18363&size=big&password=&sort=1&thecat=[/image]

[image]http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18364&size=big&password=&sort=1&thecat=[/image]

3855Culti1-med.JPG

Top Bottom