Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dad and Bro's Shotgun Buck

Khughes2345

PMA Member
Well I was playing guide for my little brother this year. He's just starting to get into hunting after playing basketball at Upper IA the last 4 years. My Dad and I hunt on about 650 acres, so he didn't want to just throw my bro out there and tell him where to sit having never been to this property before. I had an early muzzy tag and ate it so I said I'd go with and sit with my brother on Saturday. We sat all morning in one spot and my dad sat in a different spot. We ended up only seeing 2 does and they were both 200 yards away at least.

we leave that farm and decide to head to my dad's farm since it's on the way home. He just bought this place 5 months ago and it doesn't hold a lot of deer, so our hopes weren't high. Me and Jake decide to sit in one corner and my dad got out in the opposite corner and pushed the fence line and ditches to us... nothin!

We figure that's it for the afternoon and head to the middle part of the farm, and back to the truck. A coyote jumped outta the brush about 40 yards ahead with no shot and soon after a nice buck jumped out of the thicket about 100 yards away. Dad walked right around him on the downwind side. He stopped and my dad popped off a 3 shots and before he got over the hill I looked at my brother and said, "you gonna shoot or what?" or something along those lines. So he shot once before the buck was out of sight

The buck ended up jumping the neighbors fence, and after some trouble with him, we ended up finding the buck dead about 100 yards over the fence laying in a ditch. My dad's first shot hit one lung and tore his liver to mush, and my brother ended up hitting him right thru the neck! both shots would have killed him and my dad said, "He's all yours Jake" it was a pretty cool experience walking up to him high fiving my dad and brother. We just couldn't believe it. Didn't think we'd shoot one there, let alone this nice.

I've been bowhunting the last 2 months and haven't even clipped my release on the string, and this is my brothers first hunt ever, one lucky dude. Now ill have to hear how easy deer hunting is from him for the next year.

I don't think he owns one piece of clothing in this pic...damn lil' brothers

Sweet buck! Just goes to show how much "right place right time" factors into hunting. Congrats to your dad and brother!

"I don't think he owns one piece of clothing in this pic...damn lil' brothers". Haha, feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Great buck! Love the character on that right beam! Congrats to your family, great memories there!

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom